*Due to the current circumstance, all travel by Innovation PEI employees has been suspended until further notice. Many upcoming events have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. If you are unsure of a previously posted event, please contact one of our staff at (902) 368-6300.
Do you have an upcoming event that you think our community should know about? Fill out our Event Submission form so we can share it with our valued clients and partners. *Subject to approval.
The Conxemar trade show takes place in Vigo, Spain, an important fishing port in Europe, and serves as the meeting point for the entire processing branch, distributors, importers and exporters of frozen seafood products. Since its inauguration in 1999, it has grown steadily in visitors and exhibitors, with an exhibition area of 31,500 m². It is the most important Fish and Seafood trade show in Southern Europe, with significant international presence and dozens of national pavilions.
AAHAR Food & Hospitality Show
The High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and several Canadian Provinces, is pleased to invite you to showcase Canadian products at AAHAR.
AAHAR is the largest trade fair on Food & Hospitality Sector in India, with two concurrent exhibitions:
- Hospitality India: Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
- Food India: Processed Foods, Food Processing and Beverages
The next show will take place March 3 to 7, 2020 in New Delhi, India. Companies should contact CanadainIndia.Agri@international.gc.ca by December 13, 2019 to confirm their interest in participating.
With approximately 15-20 companies participating each year, many Canadian products have already successfully been introduced to Indian consumers, including edible oils, dried and frozen fruit, fish and aquatic products, processed foods, beverages, cookies, pastas, energy bars, etc.
At the show, you will network with India’s food industry leaders, while promoting products to business visitors from all key food sectors, including importers, wholesalers, distributors, retail chains, hospitality institutions, cash and carry vendors, supermarkets, & potential joint venture partners.
You are also welcome to participate in the full trade show program including elements such as a reserved booth space, setup assistance, information session, retail tour, opening ceremony, networking reception, and other business-to-business opportunities.
With over 1,000 exhibitors, AAHAR participants include representation from Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, UAE & USA. More than 94% of participants have indicated their commercial objectives were achieved, implying a high level of satisfaction. India represents a rapidly growing demographic of rising income levels, eager for imported and novel food products.
Canadian representation needed
- Canadian alcoholic beverages: Wines, ice-wine, beer
- Equipment providers to food industry: Cold chain, logistics, associated equipment manufacturers
- Fruits: Apples, fresh, frozen/dried blueberries and cranberries and other berries, cherries, apricots, pears
- Grains, pulses and oilseeds: Canola oil processed oats, roasted flax seed, mustard powder, bran or meal, barley for malting, malt, pulses and beans, quinoa
- Meat: Pork/processed pork products
- Nutraceuticals: Health and wellness supplements
- Pet food manufacturers and suppliers
- Processed food products: Bakery, confectionery, juices, jams, sauces, honey, maple syrup, processed egg products, tea, and bottled water, etc.
- Seafood: Frozen seafood such as salmon, lobster, scallops, clams, cold water shrimp, snow crab
- Service providers to food industry: Consolidators, logistics, software, consultants, contract laboratories
AAHAR trade show program elements
- Booth space allocated in the Canada Pavilion (adjacent to India’s largest food importer association)
- Stall setup assistance (lighting, shelving, posters, graphics)
- Information session for the trade show and import requirements
- Retail tour of all levels of retail establishments in New Delhi
- Participation in Opening Ceremony at the Canada Pavilion
- Networking reception at the Canadian High Commissioner’s Residence; Canada House in New Delhi
- Other direct business-to-business opportunities
Pricing for Canadian participation
Participation costs are based on the size of booth-space reserved in the Canada Pavilion at AAHAR:
- 6 square meter booth: $3000 CAD
- 9 square meter booth: $4500 CAD
- Corner booth surcharge: $500 CAD
Participants are responsible for their own travel costs, accommodation, and local transportation.
- India’s growing population; with 1.3 billion people and rising per capita income levels, rapidly expanding manufacturing and services sectors, a growing consumers market make India a tremendous opportunity for Canadian exporters and investors.
- India aspires to be an Agri-Food production hub in Asia and to be considered an important player on the regional/international agriculture stage.
- India boasts the fastest growing retail segment in Asia importing 20% of retail-carried products.
- A health-conscious trend is creating demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products.
- Indian consumers are increasingly seeking products that offer convenience. Packaged and processed food sales continue to grow at a remarkable pace, including ready-to-eat meals, processed cereals, bakery items, canned food, sauces, and condiments.
- The Canada Brand is trusted by Indian consumers, representing a tasty, healthy, safe, nutritious, and environmentally-friendly choice.
- India’s growing Hotel Restaurant Institution sector shows great potential and demand for high-value food products such as processed fruit and fresh and frozen seafood.
- Edible oils are India’s largest imported food category, providing opportunity for Canadian supply for healthy alternatives such as canola, sunflower and mustard oils, replacing the current reliant on palm-oil products.
We look forward to welcoming you on the platform for your business and development through:
- The hosted buyer program
- the unlimited potential opportunity of key visitors from around the World (though the SIAL Network)
- Lead retrieval for all visitors who clicked on your booth
- The numerous booth designs and hosts already programmed for you to choose
- Saving on cost on of delivery, travel and accommodation
- Chat system(private and public)
- Live video chat
- Webinars from industry experts
Please note that places are limited for the Premium package.
Canada Food Expo Japan & Korea 2020 – Virtual Edition!
Format: Virtual B2B meetings
When: November 2020
Application deadline: September 18, 2020
Canadian Embassies & Consulates, in partnership with provinces, industry associations, and Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, invite you to apply to participate the Canada Food Expo Japan & Korea Virtual Edition, taking place in November 2020.
This initiative is designed to provide export-ready, small and medium-sized food, beverage and seafood producers an opportunity to showcase their products to targeted Japanese and South Korean buyers, with pre-scheduled one-on-one virtual business meetings.
The virtual B2B meetings are anticipated to take place over the course of the following dates:
- South Korea: November 2-16, Monday-Thursday evenings Canada time (Tuesday-Friday mornings in South Korea)
- Japan: November 16-26, Monday-Thursday evenings Canada time (Tuesday-Friday mornings in Japan)
If you have interest in participating please contact Lannia MacAleer for a listing of registered buyers and the application form.
Registration fee: None. All expenses are funded by your Canadian provincial and federal government.
Important note: The final decision regarding which Canadian exporters are selected for meetings will rest with the Japanese and Korean buyers. As such, be as tailored as possible to show how your products align with that buyer’s specific interests.
Virtual B2B and Showcase
Focus on EU and UK Markets November 30 to December 4
Are you Export-Ready for the EU and UK Markets? Join us for a Virtual B2B and Showcase Event
Application Deadline – September 25th, 2020
In surveying the EU Markets, the following items have been identified as being in demand in European regions:
- Meat (Pork, Beef)
- Frozen foods (Pastry, vegetables, fruit)
- Maple syrup and maple products
- Premium, high quality, niche, organic, gourmet
- Small fruit (blueberries and cranberries)
- Pet foods
- Alcoholic beverages (Beer, Cider, Spirits, Wine)
- Snacks, sweets
- Value-added food products (organic, vegetarian/vegan, free-from foods, high-protein/low-sugar foods, healthy snacks)
- Virtual Showcase of your products open all week for You will be given an individual virtual kiosk where you will upload videos, pictures, products information, and links.
- Scheduled B2B meetings with vetted qualified buyers
- In-market We will ship your samples to in- market colleagues who will host a reception for Buyers.
- One-on-one meeting with EU Consultant to discuss European Market
- Participation fee of $250
Countries of focus are United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Spain however Buyers from across Europe are invited to attend.
Register your intent to participate at www.atlanticfood.ca/events
Join us for The Asia Markets Forum!
This is a trade training series for Atlantic Canadian exporters and will focus on the following priority Asian markets: Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, and Southeast Asia (general).
The daily sessions will include presentations from respective Trade Commissioner Services, Tractus-Asia, time for Q&A and some virtual networking opportunities. Participants are welcome to register for one or all of the sessions. All sessions are free.
Date – Time – Market
Monday, January 25
9:00 am – 11:00 am AST
Tuesday, January 26
9:00 am – 11:00 am AST
Wednesday, January 27
9:00 am – 11:00 am AST
Thursday, January 28
9:00 am – 11:00 am AST
Friday, January 29
9:00 am – 10:00 am AST
Southeast Asia (general)
This forum is geared toward Atlantic Canadian export-ready multi-sector companies who are interested in learning more about developing business in the Asian market. This is also a unique opportunity to receive best-in-class guidance to smooth market entry into these powerhouse markets.
- Gather baseline information about emerging trends in Asia, including relevant free trade agreements (CKFTA or CPTPP), that could potentially present new business opportunities for Atlantic Canadian companies;
- Learn more about exporting to specific Asian countries, including market entry strategies;
- Connect with market experts, learn current market research, business development intelligence and directly engage with these trade officials about your specific market development interests;
- Attendee from anywhere – the event will be held on a virtual 3D platform that has the ability for real-time chat, virtual chat, scheduler, networking with attendees, and more.
- Learn more about a potential upcoming virtual trade mission in 2021 and Asia Market Development Program beginning as soon as Spring 2021.
As a group, (Association of South East Asian Nations) ASEAN ranks as Canada’s 6th largest trading partner and presents growing opportunities for Canada’s trade diversification:
- 5th largest economy in the world
- A large market with over 660 million people
- Fast growing & fast recovering region with projected 6.1% GDP growth in 2021
- Growing middle class with US$300 billion disposable income
- 310 million e-commerce consumers
For more information and to register for this event, please visit the event page: https://pheedloop.com/onbasiamarketsforum/site/home/