*Due to the current circumstance, all travel by Innovation PEI employees has been suspended until further notice. Many upcoming events have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. If you are unsure of a previously posted event, please contact one of our staff at (902) 368-6300.
Do you have an upcoming event that you think our community should know about? Fill out our Event Submission form so we can share it with our valued clients and partners. *Subject to approval.
- Market Access Seminars – delivered by Trade Commissioners and In-Market Consultants;
- Export Cafe – using seafood from Atlantic Canada;
- B2B Matchmaking – with professional buyers who have been pre-screened by In-Market Consultants and Trade Commissioners.
AAHAR Food & Hospitality Show
The High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and several Canadian Provinces, is pleased to invite you to showcase Canadian products at AAHAR.
AAHAR is the largest trade fair on Food & Hospitality Sector in India, with two concurrent exhibitions:
- Hospitality India: Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
- Food India: Processed Foods, Food Processing and Beverages
The next show will take place March 3 to 7, 2020 in New Delhi, India. Companies should contact CanadainIndia.Agri@international.gc.ca by December 13, 2019 to confirm their interest in participating.
With approximately 15-20 companies participating each year, many Canadian products have already successfully been introduced to Indian consumers, including edible oils, dried and frozen fruit, fish and aquatic products, processed foods, beverages, cookies, pastas, energy bars, etc.
At the show, you will network with India’s food industry leaders, while promoting products to business visitors from all key food sectors, including importers, wholesalers, distributors, retail chains, hospitality institutions, cash and carry vendors, supermarkets, & potential joint venture partners.
You are also welcome to participate in the full trade show program including elements such as a reserved booth space, setup assistance, information session, retail tour, opening ceremony, networking reception, and other business-to-business opportunities.
With over 1,000 exhibitors, AAHAR participants include representation from Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, UAE & USA. More than 94% of participants have indicated their commercial objectives were achieved, implying a high level of satisfaction. India represents a rapidly growing demographic of rising income levels, eager for imported and novel food products.
Canadian representation needed
- Canadian alcoholic beverages: Wines, ice-wine, beer
- Equipment providers to food industry: Cold chain, logistics, associated equipment manufacturers
- Fruits: Apples, fresh, frozen/dried blueberries and cranberries and other berries, cherries, apricots, pears
- Grains, pulses and oilseeds: Canola oil processed oats, roasted flax seed, mustard powder, bran or meal, barley for malting, malt, pulses and beans, quinoa
- Meat: Pork/processed pork products
- Nutraceuticals: Health and wellness supplements
- Pet food manufacturers and suppliers
- Processed food products: Bakery, confectionery, juices, jams, sauces, honey, maple syrup, processed egg products, tea, and bottled water, etc.
- Seafood: Frozen seafood such as salmon, lobster, scallops, clams, cold water shrimp, snow crab
- Service providers to food industry: Consolidators, logistics, software, consultants, contract laboratories
AAHAR trade show program elements
- Booth space allocated in the Canada Pavilion (adjacent to India’s largest food importer association)
- Stall setup assistance (lighting, shelving, posters, graphics)
- Information session for the trade show and import requirements
- Retail tour of all levels of retail establishments in New Delhi
- Participation in Opening Ceremony at the Canada Pavilion
- Networking reception at the Canadian High Commissioner’s Residence; Canada House in New Delhi
- Other direct business-to-business opportunities
Pricing for Canadian participation
Participation costs are based on the size of booth-space reserved in the Canada Pavilion at AAHAR:
- 6 square meter booth: $3000 CAD
- 9 square meter booth: $4500 CAD
- Corner booth surcharge: $500 CAD
Participants are responsible for their own travel costs, accommodation, and local transportation.
- India’s growing population; with 1.3 billion people and rising per capita income levels, rapidly expanding manufacturing and services sectors, a growing consumers market make India a tremendous opportunity for Canadian exporters and investors.
- India aspires to be an Agri-Food production hub in Asia and to be considered an important player on the regional/international agriculture stage.
- India boasts the fastest growing retail segment in Asia importing 20% of retail-carried products.
- A health-conscious trend is creating demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products.
- Indian consumers are increasingly seeking products that offer convenience. Packaged and processed food sales continue to grow at a remarkable pace, including ready-to-eat meals, processed cereals, bakery items, canned food, sauces, and condiments.
- The Canada Brand is trusted by Indian consumers, representing a tasty, healthy, safe, nutritious, and environmentally-friendly choice.
- India’s growing Hotel Restaurant Institution sector shows great potential and demand for high-value food products such as processed fruit and fresh and frozen seafood.
- Edible oils are India’s largest imported food category, providing opportunity for Canadian supply for healthy alternatives such as canola, sunflower and mustard oils, replacing the current reliant on palm-oil products.