*Due to the current circumstance, all travel by Innovation PEI employees has been suspended until further notice. Many upcoming events have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. If you are unsure of a previously posted event, please contact one of our staff at (902) 368-6300.
Do you have an upcoming event that you think our community should know about? Fill out our Event Submission form so we can share it with our valued clients and partners. *Subject to approval.
About this Event
On October 17, 2018, Canada legalized recreational cannabis. In July 2019, only 10-months later, the Canadian Cannabis Industry added $8.26 billion to Canada’s GDP and grew 185%.
So what does the future of Cannabis Legalization mean for Canada’s Hospitality & Tourism industry? For Prince Edward Island?
This event will:
• Define what “Cannabis Tourism” is
• Provide an overview of the Canadian Cannabis Industry
• Discuss emerging cannabis tourism strategies in Canada and abroad
• Explore strategies for businesses in Prince Edward Island
This session is designed for hospitality and tourism owners, managers and Government employees in Prince Edward Island. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. Must be 19 years of age or older to attend.
– – – About the Speaker – – –
Island entrepreneur, investor and small-business owner, Shaman Ferraro is the CEO of Gocanna, a cannabis tourism consulting and education service. In August 2018, Shaman was the first person to provide analytical data and project the potential $2B economic value of cannabis tourism industry in Canada. Recognized as a Cannabis Tourism Expert, he has been a featured speaker on the subject at conferences across Canada.
Shaman is also an experienced ‘cannabis event planner’, having successfully hosted PEI’s first recreational cannabis event on October 19, 2018 – 2 days after legalization – as well as PEI’s first cannabis conference in May 2019, The Atlantic Cannabis Conference & Expo.
Combining traditional hospitality and tourism with opportunities in the emerging cannabis industry, Shaman is a leader in comprehensively understanding unique solutions that maximize the customer experience, the value of commercial services and the economic return for business owners in the emerging and niche markets.
FUN FACT: Shaman was interviewed live by CTV NEWS Toronto on October 17, 2018 – the day cannabis was legalized in Canada!
Is this for me?
- are you a professional artist?
- are you a professional musician?
- are you a professional writer/publisher?
- are you a professional filmmaker?
- are you a professional dancer?
- are you a professional actor?
- are you a professional artisan/crafter?
- are you working in theatre?
- are you working as an arts administrator?
- do you work for a cultural and/or creative organization?
- do you work in applied arts (ex: graphic design, video gaming, culinary, fashion, craft)?
If you answered yes to the above questions we want to see you at Third Thursdays!
The arts are at the heart of all creative industries. Design (such as interior, graphic, architecture, industrial, fashion and engineering), marketing, publishing, video production, gaming and virtual reality, fashion, and the beauty industry are all artistic pursuits. Music recording, broadcast, print publication, podcast, blogs, and other digital storytelling are all artistic pursuits.
Third Thursdays is a bi-monthly event that takes place on the 3rd Thursday of that month across Prince Edward Island. We are encouraging all creative Islanders to get out and meet up with their colleagues from across the province.
- Market Access Seminars – delivered by Trade Commissioners and In-Market Consultants;
- Export Cafe – using seafood from Atlantic Canada;
- B2B Matchmaking – with professional buyers who have been pre-screened by In-Market Consultants and Trade Commissioners.
FOODEX JAPAN Secretariat
Japan has the world’s third-largest economy. With a population of over 126 million, Japan is a net importer of agri-food and seafood products. In 2018, Japan’s food import reached over $90 billion CAD.
FOODEX Japan is the largest food and beverage show in Asia. It is the gateway to Japan as over 80,000 qualified Japanese traders, wholesalers, retailers and food service buyers will attend. It is also a gateway to Asia. Over 10,000 professionals from Asia and around the world will attend it to learn about the industry trend in Asia.
Includes lunch, coffee breaks, and reception
Conveniently located in Brussels, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global is the world’s largest seafood trade fair. The fair features more than 2,007 exhibiting companies from 88 countries. If you are a professional seafood buyer, do not miss this one-of-a-kind opportunity to meet and do business with seafood suppliers from every corner of the globe.