*Due to the current circumstance, all travel by Innovation PEI employees has been suspended until further notice. Many upcoming events have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. If you are unsure of a previously posted event, please contact one of our staff at (902) 368-6300.
Do you have an upcoming event that you think our community should know about? Fill out our Event Submission form so we can share it with our valued clients and partners. *Subject to approval.
The Atlantic Canada Fish Farmers Association, in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Business Development Program (BDP), invites you to participate in the 2019 Pan Atlantic Canada Aquaculture Mission August 16 to 23, 2019. AquaNor, held in Norway every two years, has been an important international venue for the aquaculture industry for over 30 years. Here the industry is introduced to all the novelties, products, services, and research and development projects of relevance to the industry. Exhibitors emphasize the unique opportunities that AquaNor provides for interaction with decision-makers and buyers representing the international aquaculture industry. Visitors find that AquaNor offers the best overview of products and services provided by the principal suppliers of the trade, making it a key biannual event for businesses seeking to increase their exports or learn about new technologies that can be imported to enhance production in Atlantic Canada. For more information please contact Brian Rogers at Rogers Conuslting Inc. at (902) 497-5898
Innovation PEI is pleased to invite you to Prince Edward Island’s 2019 Export Day. This annual event has become a must-attend for exporters, entrepreneurs, business support organization and government officials that are involved in the international trade of Prince Edward Island goods and services. We are excited to present two keynote speakers, Dawn Truell, President of Cross Border Services and Andrea Johnson, Managing Director & Chief Storyteller of Brain Candy Marketing Ltd.
Export Day provides a great opportunity to get the most up-to-date information on the global economy, discover market trends and explore new opportunities for your business. Throughout the day there will the opportunity to network with fellow exporters, share ideas, discuss business needs and find new partners to help you capitalize on your export.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Birt by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (902) 368-6837.
We look forward to seeing you at #PEIExportDay2019
The Conxemar trade show takes place in Vigo, Spain, an important fishing port in Europe, and serves as the meeting point for the entire processing branch, distributors, importers and exporters of frozen seafood products. Since its inauguration in 1999, it has grown steadily in visitors and exhibitors, with an exhibition area of 31,500 m². It is the most important Fish and Seafood trade show in Southern Europe, with significant international presence and dozens of national pavilions.
AAHAR Food & Hospitality Show
The High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and several Canadian Provinces, is pleased to invite you to showcase Canadian products at AAHAR.
AAHAR is the largest trade fair on Food & Hospitality Sector in India, with two concurrent exhibitions:
- Hospitality India: Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
- Food India: Processed Foods, Food Processing and Beverages
The next show will take place March 3 to 7, 2020 in New Delhi, India. Companies should contact CanadainIndia.Agri@international.gc.ca by December 13, 2019 to confirm their interest in participating.
With approximately 15-20 companies participating each year, many Canadian products have already successfully been introduced to Indian consumers, including edible oils, dried and frozen fruit, fish and aquatic products, processed foods, beverages, cookies, pastas, energy bars, etc.
At the show, you will network with India’s food industry leaders, while promoting products to business visitors from all key food sectors, including importers, wholesalers, distributors, retail chains, hospitality institutions, cash and carry vendors, supermarkets, & potential joint venture partners.
You are also welcome to participate in the full trade show program including elements such as a reserved booth space, setup assistance, information session, retail tour, opening ceremony, networking reception, and other business-to-business opportunities.
With over 1,000 exhibitors, AAHAR participants include representation from Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, UAE & USA. More than 94% of participants have indicated their commercial objectives were achieved, implying a high level of satisfaction. India represents a rapidly growing demographic of rising income levels, eager for imported and novel food products.
Canadian representation needed
- Canadian alcoholic beverages: Wines, ice-wine, beer
- Equipment providers to food industry: Cold chain, logistics, associated equipment manufacturers
- Fruits: Apples, fresh, frozen/dried blueberries and cranberries and other berries, cherries, apricots, pears
- Grains, pulses and oilseeds: Canola oil processed oats, roasted flax seed, mustard powder, bran or meal, barley for malting, malt, pulses and beans, quinoa
- Meat: Pork/processed pork products
- Nutraceuticals: Health and wellness supplements
- Pet food manufacturers and suppliers
- Processed food products: Bakery, confectionery, juices, jams, sauces, honey, maple syrup, processed egg products, tea, and bottled water, etc.
- Seafood: Frozen seafood such as salmon, lobster, scallops, clams, cold water shrimp, snow crab
- Service providers to food industry: Consolidators, logistics, software, consultants, contract laboratories
AAHAR trade show program elements
- Booth space allocated in the Canada Pavilion (adjacent to India’s largest food importer association)
- Stall setup assistance (lighting, shelving, posters, graphics)
- Information session for the trade show and import requirements
- Retail tour of all levels of retail establishments in New Delhi
- Participation in Opening Ceremony at the Canada Pavilion
- Networking reception at the Canadian High Commissioner’s Residence; Canada House in New Delhi
- Other direct business-to-business opportunities
Pricing for Canadian participation
Participation costs are based on the size of booth-space reserved in the Canada Pavilion at AAHAR:
- 6 square meter booth: $3000 CAD
- 9 square meter booth: $4500 CAD
- Corner booth surcharge: $500 CAD
Participants are responsible for their own travel costs, accommodation, and local transportation.
- India’s growing population; with 1.3 billion people and rising per capita income levels, rapidly expanding manufacturing and services sectors, a growing consumers market make India a tremendous opportunity for Canadian exporters and investors.
- India aspires to be an Agri-Food production hub in Asia and to be considered an important player on the regional/international agriculture stage.
- India boasts the fastest growing retail segment in Asia importing 20% of retail-carried products.
- A health-conscious trend is creating demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products.
- Indian consumers are increasingly seeking products that offer convenience. Packaged and processed food sales continue to grow at a remarkable pace, including ready-to-eat meals, processed cereals, bakery items, canned food, sauces, and condiments.
- The Canada Brand is trusted by Indian consumers, representing a tasty, healthy, safe, nutritious, and environmentally-friendly choice.
- India’s growing Hotel Restaurant Institution sector shows great potential and demand for high-value food products such as processed fruit and fresh and frozen seafood.
- Edible oils are India’s largest imported food category, providing opportunity for Canadian supply for healthy alternatives such as canola, sunflower and mustard oils, replacing the current reliant on palm-oil products.