Deadline to register May 4, 2020
- Lannia MacAleer (Food & Beverage sector)
- Bonnie MacDonald (Seafood sector)
Food & Beverage Atlantic, working jointly with the provinces of NB, NS, PEI, and NL, is seeking Atlantic Canadian companies to participate in a Pilot Virtual Trade Show to be hosted on June 24 and 25, 2020. Show hours will be 11am-4pm AT (with a focus on North and South America markets) and 7pm-12am AT (with a focus on Asia markets) each day
This project is being supported by the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provincial governments.
Since several in-person activities have been canceled due to a global pandemic, this has resulted in lost opportunities for Atlantic Canadian companies to meet with buyers to promote their products. This online event will allow business meetings to take place in a virtual setting.
It is our hope that this platform will help Atlantic Canadian food, beverage, and seafood companies scope opportunities to export to other markets as well as prepare to participate in future in-person missions. This project aims to increase international business opportunities.
- Pre-event training.
- A virtual platform including a customized booth for each exhibiting company. Additional virtual rooms found on this platform include an auditorium, resource room, chat room, and information booth in the lobby.
- Attendees include Buyers and Trade Commissioners from markets in North America, South America, and Asia.
- Opportunity for a live chat between companies and buyers with built-in translation.
- Opportunity to showcase products, videos, and share PDF documents with Buyers.
- Company info included in an Attendee Guide.
- Post-event detailed analytics.
The fee for the mission is $200 plus HST, payable to Food & Beverage Atlantic.
Participating companies should already be exporting outside their home province and will be asked to submit a Profile, outlining their reasons for attending and future goals. Companies should also have quality product images, up to date product sell sheets, and ideally a product demo video.
To apply for participation in this Virtual Trade Show, please express your interest at https://www.atlanticfood.ca/event-3814292 by May 4, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by a pan-Atlantic committee and only approved applications will be accepted to participate in the Virtual Trade Show.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy is a collaborative, pan-Atlantic approach that aims to help Atlantic businesses begin exporting, increase their export sales, expand to new markets, and create global partnerships. The Strategy was developed jointly by the governments of Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.