Trade and ExportInnovation PEI's Trade and Export Development division is mandated to increase revenues generated from export sales and to assist Prince Edward Island companies in becoming export ready. The division provides training and support for market entry activities and market-specific information.
See Programs and Services that support these initiatives.
Innovation PEI's experienced team of Trade and Export Development Professionals are available to provide assistance to Prince Edward Island companies interested in exporting.
From inter-provincial missions to destinations abroad, locations are carefully selected to meet the needs of traditional and emerging markets. In cooperation with Trade Team PEI, and Trade Team Canada partners, Innovation PEI offers a cost-effective way to explore new markets. The mission team offers logistical support to companies venturing into new markets.
This approach involves:
- Hosting market awareness sessions
- Contracting of an in-market consultant or matchmaker
- Ground transportation to and from sales calls
- Networking opportunities
- Deployment of team representatives during the mission
- Marketing support
Trade and Export Development division identifies marketing events and trade shows of interest to Prince Edward Island companies.
Program support may be available to help companies:
- Implement marketing initiatives before, during, and after the event
- Choose an exhibit display booth that meets your promotional needs and budgetary requirements
- Effectively utilize display accessories, banners, graphics, lighting, booth design, and materials to heighten visibility and drive sales
- Select tradeshow promotional products and giveaways that complement your company image
- Ensure those working the show are well trained to fully represent your company, generate leads, and secure sales
- Travel cost rebates
Innovation PEI facilitates Market Awareness Sessions to introduce businesses to new markets. These informative meetings are conducted by our experienced team at Innovation PEI in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
Market Awareness Sessions
Food Innovative Strategy
The Prince Edward Island Value Added Food Processing sector has a long history of making significant contributions to the Island economy. With Prince Edward Island’s world class primary products, productive farmland, an internationally recognized culinary brand, quality infrastructure and a highly-trained workforce, value-added food development and production is a natural fit for the province.
Innovation PEI has many programs and services to help companies start, grow and expand food product lines.
The Food Export Directory highlights over 100 Prince Edward Island companies in the seafood and agriculture industries. Each company profile includes contact information, product listings, markets, brands and more.
Incoming Buyers Program
Support for hosting International or Domestic buyers is available through Trade Team PEI and Innovation PEI, respectively. Active exporters and export ready companies on Prince Edward Island are eligible to receive support to bring potential buyers and business partners to the province in order to establish or strengthen business relationships and advance revenue generation opportunities.
For more information, contact our Trade and Export Development Professionals