Aerospace and Defence
The aerospace and defence industry in Prince Edward Island is thriving and enjoys many business advantages:
- A highly skilled and loyal workforce
- Easy access to major international markets including Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, New York and London
- Customized incentive packages to meet the needs of any size business
- A great quality of life and close working partnerships for owners and employees
- A local aerospace training centre with programs that can be customized
- Increased profit with a competitive cost structure
- Canada’s only aerospace tax rebate
- World class strategic infrastructure
The Government of Canada has launched a National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) for the development of 21 vessels.
Prince Edward Island’s location, quality infrastructure and skilled workforce can provide your company with the components they need to be part of this shipbuilding project.
Prince Edward Island’s aerospace and defence companies enjoy quality service and world class infrastructure at the Airport Business Centre located in Charlottetown and at Slemon Park in Summerside.
- Private airport with an 8,000 foot runway
- The only aerospace park in Canada that offers an on-site, customized training centre
- A full service residential community, recreational facilities, and food service
Slemon Park houses a number of world-class industry tenants and facilities.
Airport Business Park
The Airport Business Park is located in the capital city, Charlottetown. It is minutes from the downtown core on the Charlottetown Airport property.
This facility features:
- Flexible airspace with plentiful opportunities to land aircraft, parts and clients
- Two runways (7,000 ft. long and 150 ft. wide, and 5,000 ft. long and 150 ft. wide), three taxiways and two parking aprons
- Runway 03-21 is a precision approach, category II, instrument runway
- Customized building options available
- NAV Canada operates a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week flight service station at the Charlottetown Airport.
- Great amenities, topography, servicing, accessibility, and space inventory
Airport Business Park is ideal for business, commercial and light industrial uses and appeals to a wide cross section of industries.
With the success of the marine technologies companies in Prince Edward Island, a cluster development initiative took place within the sector.
Click here to find out more.
The people of Prince Edward Island have developed a strong reputation for hard work, dedication, and being highly skilled. To further highlight the main qualities of Prince Edward Island, post-secondary institutions work closely with industries and companies to develop flexible training opportunities. These training opportunities, including apprenticeship, offer a series of standard and tailored programs to ensure the workforce is trained to meet the evolving needs of the aerospace industry.
University of Prince Edward Island
Collège Acadie Î.-P.-É.
Related News Stories:
Island Welcomes Defence Contractor Portsmouth Atlantic
Governments of Canada and PEI Support Aerospace Company Seeking to Expand to Overseas Markets
Province Announces Renewal of Aerospace Tax Rebate
Atlantic Canada Delegation Attends One of World's Largest Airshows
PEI Aerospace Companies
PEI Apprenticeship, Training and Certification
For more information, contact our Aerospace Business Development Professionals