SENIOR INVESTMENT OFFICER - Bioscience
(Full-Time Permanent Position - Charlottetown)
Innovation PEI, the lead economic development agency in Prince Edward Island, is seeking a well qualified individual to lead the growth of the Bioscience sector in the Province. Working closely with the industry association, government partners, and research institutions, this position will support local company growth and business attraction efforts for the development of the Bioscience sector.
Duties will include:
- Working with the industry association to coordinate sector development initiatives including the refinement of operational plans for growth and development of the sector as well as with training institutions to ensure training is relevant to industry needs and with government partners to ensure that infrastructure is modern and relevant to the current and prospective tenancy needs.
- Development and execution of opportunities to attract new companies to Prince Edward Island including a thorough analysis of the industry, prospective companies, and their related business plans; negotiation of investment packages and presentation with potential investment partners/training institutions; negotiation of contracts and development of new business start-ups and follow-up audits of performance;
- Development and execution of opportunities to support local company growth through the identification of market development initiatives.
- Provision of leadership to a unit of two staff dedicated to this sector.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent technical training.
- A minimum of five years experience in senior roles in sales and marketing in the sector.
- Preference given to individuals with additional experience creating and operating a business from start-up to commercialization in the sector using venture capital and including involvement with the academic sector.
- A proven track record identifying and developing new opportunities from the bioscience sector.
- Highly effective oral, written and presentation skills, and strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas is also required: the PEI bioscience sector, sales, marketing and promotion, negotiation, business planning and business law.
- Familiarity with and understanding of government development incentives and business planning background would be considered assets.
Salary Range: $71,899 - $89,875 (Level 22, IPEI pay scale)
Closing Date: June 27, 2017 4:00pm
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lynda Hontscharowicz, Human Resources Officer
c/o Department of Economic Development and Tourism
PO Box 2000, 5th Floor, Sullivan Building
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8